:: Our Strengths|
- Patients will appreciate
that physicians and staff are committed to both their physical and emotional well-being.
- Our physicians insist on offering state-of-the-art external radiation
with technical excellence.
- One of the first centers in the SF Bay Area
to offer 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy (3DCRT) which enhances treatment outcome with
fewer side effects, since 1998.
- We were the first in the San Francisco
East Bay to deliver Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for prostate,
head and neck, and other cancers.
- We were also the first in SF East Bay
to deliver Stereotactic Radiosurgery in collaboration with the excellent neurosurgeons
at Eden Medical Center.
- We provide the first Image Guided Radiation
therapy (IGRT) in the S.F. Bay Area with Cone Beam CT based volumetric image
- Active Breathing Coordinator (ABC), used
for selected lung, upper abdominal and left breast cancer patients that move
with respiration, provides confidence for optimal sparing of adjacent organ.
- Use of on-site Spiral CT Scanner gives your radiation
oncologist immediate access to images needed for field planning.
Simulation (treatment planning on a computer using the CT images) produces remarkable
precision through manipulation of 3-D anatomy and dose optimization. It eliminates
lengthy and uncomfortable conventional simulation sessions.
- Image Fusion Technology with MRI and PET scans gives
the ability to target the most metabolically active areas of malignancy and avoid
treating normal tissues.
- As an integral part of our first rate community
cancer center, physicians coordinate multidisciplinary care plans with surgical
and medical oncologists, other specialists, and your family doctor.
- Beautiful art work and nearby parking add to patient
comfort and convenience for treatments.